Our Otolaryngologists James Frisk, MD and Lesley Soine, MD specialize in the treatment of nose and sinus conditions. Sinus conditions actually are among the most common issues we treat at Plains Ear, Nose Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery (Plains ENT).
Plains ENT offers sinus surgery in Fargo, Carrington and surrounding areas in eastern North Dakota and Northwestern Minnesota.
In endoscopic sinus surgery, a hole is made in the sinus by way of either the mouth or the face in order to remove whatever tissue may be blocking the sinus cavity. This step is usually taken once medications and antibiotics fail to clear up sinusitis.
Types of Sinus Procedures & Surgeries Performed by Plains ENT
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
Also referred to as “Traditional” sinus surgery and is completed in our surgery center.
- Ethmoidectomy – Anterior or Total
- Maxillary Antrostomy – with or without Tissue Removal
- Frontal Sinus Exploration – includes tissue removal, when performed
- Sphenoidotomy – with or without Tissue Removal
- Middle Turbinate (Concha Bullosa Resection)
- Endoscopic Sinus Polyectomy – typically included in the above procedures
Balloon Sinus Dilation
Surgical procedure can be performed in-office or at a surgery center.
Other Nasal and Sinus Surgeries
Can or are done at same time as above surgical sinus procedures and are completed in our surgery center.
- Submucous Inferior Turbinate Reduction (can be performed in-office)